Melbourne AC Repair
Professional, Affordable Air Conditioning Repairs in Brevard County
When there is a problem with your cooling system, don’t entrust the repair to just anybody. The efficient, consistent, and long-term performance of your AC unit depends on meticulous and knowledgeable repair procedures. Call on WEATHER ENGINEERS, and we’ll send a NATE-certified, factory trained, and regularly updated technician for AC repair in Melbourne, FL without delay.
On time and dressed in uniform, our team is equipped with advanced diagnostics, specialized tools, and a complete inventory of genuine factory replacement parts to not only get to the bottom of malfunctions quickly but also resolve the issue right on the spot.
Say goodbye to all your cooling issues today. Contact WEATHER ENGINEERS at (321) 727-2542 for a reliable Melbourne AC repair company.
Dependable Repairs for Your AC System
As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, WEATHER ENGINEERS upholds strict requirements of business ethics, customer approval ratings, and technical training. We are well-versed in all makes and models and offer cost-effective recommendations with your best interests as our priority.
Common signs your air conditioner needs repair:
- Not turning on at all - if your air conditioner fails to kick on, there might be an issue with the thermostat. Check to make sure the thermostat is on and connected properly. If that is not the culprit, you should call a professional to come diagnose the issue.
- Blowing warm air - the air coming out of your vents should be at least 15-20 degrees cooler than the intake air (the air inside your house) in order to adequately cool your home. If the air coming out of your vents doesn't seem quite cool enough, try checking your air filter to make sure it doesn't need to be changed. It's also important to check that the filter is installed with the arrows pointing in toward your duct, HVAC system to ensure the best airflow. If neither of these are the issue, you may have a refrigerant leak that needs to be professionally repaired.
- Uneven temperatures from room to room - if your cooling system is not cooling your home evenly, you might have an air conditioner that is the wrong size for your home. Hiring a professional for AC installation can prevent this issue in the future.
- Sudden spike in utility bill - it's normal for electric bills to surge during summer months as AC systems run more frequently, but if there is a spike in your bill that is higher than the normal seasonal spike, you should call for professional AC repair to make sure there are no issues with the mechanics of your air conditioning system.
- Producing strange noises and odors - strange noises and smells are another common indicator that something is awry with your air conditioning system. If you hear or smell anything out of the ordinary, be sure to call WEATHER ENGINEERS to perform a diagnostic on your AC system.
As a family-owned company, we build ongoing relationships with our customers across Melbourne and all of Brevard County by exceeding expectations at every opportunity.
Why is My AC Leaking Water?
Wondering why your AC is leaking water? Moisture or condensation on your air conditioner is normal. The process that the unit uses in order to cool down warm air causes some condensation. But if there is a pool of water or water that is leaking from the unit, there is something wrong with the air conditioner.
There are a number of things that could be causing the leaking water:
- Broken Condenser Pump. One of the most common causes of a leaking air conditioner is a broken condenser pump. This is something that you can test on your own by adding water to the pan of the condenser. The pump should work to get the excess water you put in out of the pan. If it is not pumping out the water, there is an issue with your condenser pump.
- Clogged Drain Pipe. All air conditioning units have a drain pipe. This is to remove condensation from the unit. There are times that dirt and other types of debris can clog up the drain. If the hole is clogged, the water is not able to get out and can begin to back up and pool. You will want to locate and clean out the drain hole. If this is the cause of the problem, you will be able to see the water begin to come out of the hole and the backed up water will drain out.
- Improper Installation. It is important for an air conditioning unit to be level when they are installed and that there is not too much pressure. If the unit is not level, the water can begin to pool. You can easily check the unit with a level to ensure that it was properly leveled during installation. If it was not, the unit should be leveled and the water should drain away. If the unit is already level, there could be too much pressure which can cause leaking in the valves. You can check the pressure by looking for vents within the home that are closed. By simply opening any closed vents, the pressure of the air conditioner can be changed enough for the leaking to stop.
Contact us today if you live in Brevard County, Florida and are not able to determine the cause of the leaking water from your AC unit. Our experienced AC repair technicians will be sure to get to the bottom of the leak.
Why Won’t My AC Turn On?
The air conditioner is one of the hardest working appliances in Florida. The last thing you want is to be stuck during the hot weather without an AC that works. But if your air conditioner won’t turn on, there’s no need to panic.
Common reasons why your AC won’t turn on:
- Tripped circuit breaker: Your circuit breaker prevents your electricity from overloading by turning off big appliances. If your AC won’t turn on, check to see if the circuit breaker has tripped. If so, all you’ll need to do is reset it.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: The thermostat reads the temperatures in a room and informs your air conditioner when to turn on. However, if the thermostat doesn’t work, it won’t know when to turn on the air conditioning unit.
If your air conditioner isn’t working and you can’t figure out why, turn to WEATHER ENGINEERS. We have extensive experience handling everything from broken thermostats to extensive AC repairs. We’ll find what’s wrong and repair it fast.
Call a Melbourne AC Repair Expert Today
Let us save you time and money, optimize your comfort, and deliver results you can trust. WEATHER ENGINEERS has been providing reliable air conditioner repair and maintenance services for over 43 years. No matter what particular AC issue you are dealing with, you can count on our highly trained technicians to solve it on the same day you call. We also offer quality air conditioning replacements in case your current unit is down to its last legs.
Carrier Distinguished Dealer
We are one of only 14 Carrier Distinguished Dealers in the nation. We are honored to have a close partnership with a quality company.
Professional & Well Trained Technicians
Our techs are NATE certified and factory trained. We take pride in the clean crisp job that we do.
Financing & Specials
We are happy to offer financing and money saving offers to our customers. Save money and stay cool.
Fully Stocked Trucks
With our warehouse on wheels, no one gets there faster. Saving you time and money.
Check out the benefits and perks of our Preventative Maintenance program.Learn More
We have teamed up with multiple finance providers to offer you special financing options today.Learn More
Stay updated on industry tips and trends with our WE Chill Blog.Read Blogs