AC Maintenance in Melbourne, FL
Keep Your Air Conditioner in Top Condition All Year Long
Here in sunny, humid Florida, our air conditioners are running year round. Because they're always on, they are more prone to wear and tear that could potentially lead to a breakdown much sooner than an AC in another part of the country. It is therefore extremely important for Florida homeowners to invest in routine air conditioning maintenance. Carrying out seasonal maintenance will provide you with a wide variety of benefits ranging from lower electricity bills to improved indoor air quality.
Here's why now is the time to call WEATHER ENGINEERS to schedule your AC maintenance appointment:
- Save money. Taking a few preventative steps could save you quite a bit of money over the years. Servicing your air conditioner regularly will prevent catastrophic (and potentially costly) breakdowns when this appliance is needed the most.
- Extend the service life of your AC. A residential air conditioner that is properly maintained could last for as long as 20 years. Unfortunately, homeowners that do not have their air conditioner serviced might need to replace this system in as little as 10 years. Investing a little extra money every year could save you from expensive replacements later on.
- Enjoy lower utility bills. For the average family, the HVAC system accounts for over 40 percent of the entire energy bill. During the summer, keeping your home at a comfortable temperature could potentially cost hundreds of dollars a month. Getting your air conditioner serviced in January could save you quite a bit of money in the coming year.
- Cuts down on repairs & AC emergencies. An experienced HVAC technician will thoroughly inspect the system and help you find damaged parts before they become a major issue. Much like your vehicle, a well-maintained air conditioner is much less likely to break down when it is needed the most.
Troubleshooting Common AC Issues
If you're between AC maintenance appointments and are experiencing a problem with your air conditioner, give these troubleshooting tips a try. If you need help or would prefer that one of our Melbourne AC maintenance technicians diagnose the issue for you, do not hesitate to give us a call at (321) 727-2542.
If Your AC Isn’t Working at All:
If you turn on your AC and it isn’t working at all, there may be a number of different causes. Your thermostat may not be working properly or your AC unit may not be receiving electrical power. First, make sure the thermostat is set to cool. Then you can follow these steps:
- Check the electrical panel in your house and any secondary circuit panels for a blown fuse or a tripped breaker. If that’s where your problem lies, then reset the breaker by turning it off or replacing the fuse.
- Is the furnace power switch on? Make sure the switch to both the furnace and outdoor condenser are set to on. You’ll find the on/off switch mounted on the outdoor unit. Make sure it hasn’t been shut off.
- Turn off the power to your air conditioning unit and check the thermostat. Replace the batteries, if your thermostat takes batteries.
Consider the wonders of a programmable thermostat if you are experiencing difficulties with your current thermostat and AC unit.
If none of these do the job, then it might be an electrical issue with the wiring. We recommend getting a professional involved so you don’t hurt yourself or anyone else around you.
If Your Air Conditioner Doesn’t Seem to Cool Well:
If you hear your AC running, but you don’t feel like it’s cooling well, this could also result from a few other issues. One of the first (and easiest) things you should do is to check the air filter to make sure it’s clean and is receiving proper air flow.
Take the following steps for air filter maintenance:
- Turn off power to the AC unit.
- Remove the door so you can get to the air filter.
- Look for ice in the areas around the coils. If you see ice, close the unit back up, turn the power back on and turn on the fan. This should allow the ice to melt within an hour or two.
- Clear the condensate drain. Air conditioners can have a lot of water build-up because they remove moisture from the air. They have a plastic drain pipe that comes out of the side of the air handler to remove excess water. However, algae can build up and block this pipe. When this happens, the AC may start leaking water and stop working.
If Your Air Conditioner Doesn’t Blow Air:
If water is dripping or pooling at the base of your AC’s air handler, one of the plastic tubes that carries the excess moisture may be blocking the water’s flow. If the condensate pump stops working, the water will overflow.
There may be a few reasons this problem occurs. We recommend calling your AC professional. They will either need to replace part of the air handler or condensate drain or fix some wiring issues.
We clean and repair condensate drain lines as well as a wide range of other services.
If Your Air Conditioner Doesn’t Make Noise:
If your AC isn’t making noise, there could be a variety of solutions. Older units have belt-driven motors. If you hear a squealing noise from your belt-driven AC unit, that most likely means the belt that connects the motor to the blower has slipped out of place. In most cases, the belt may be improperly aligned or needs to be replaced. If you have a newer AC model that doesn’t use belts for the motor and you’re hearing a noise, it could be that the motor’s bearings are shot. Call your trusted technician to help you with this problem.
To schedule your appointment for AC maintenance in Melbourne, please call (321) 727-2542 or contact us online.
Carrier Distinguished Dealer
We are one of only 14 Carrier Distinguished Dealers in the nation. We are honored to have a close partnership with a quality company.
Professional & Well Trained Technicians
Our techs are NATE certified and factory trained. We take pride in the clean crisp job that we do.
Financing & Specials
We are happy to offer financing and money saving offers to our customers. Save money and stay cool.
Fully Stocked Trucks
With our warehouse on wheels, no one gets there faster. Saving you time and money.
Check out the benefits and perks of our Preventative Maintenance program.Learn More
We have teamed up with multiple finance providers to offer you special financing options today.Learn More
Stay updated on industry tips and trends with our WE Chill Blog.Read Blogs